Sunday, January 6, 2008

Welcome to Sam's Life

Hello Family and (bored) Friends,

I visited my parents in Portland recently and when I left my Dad joked that I needed to send daily photos of my little goose to them so they could keep up with the rapid changes of childhood taking place in their granddaughter. So that gave me the idea to start this blog where I will post all the daily minutiae of Sam's life. That would mean each blog would look something like this:
  • Sam woke up (slept in until 9:30 again because she has decided sleeping at night is highly overrated. I have to disagree with her on this but it turns out that arguing with a 7 month old is an exercise in futility. I deliver a well thought out logical point in defense of my position and she responds with "bah, bah, bah" and blows a raspberry at me.)
  • Sam had her diaper changed (10 million and counting...)
  • Sam ate breakfast (Yep, that's right, she had breast milk again, we really must work on expanding her palate.)
  • Sam played with her toys (Despite the fact that she does this every day she is still seemingly fascinated with the same old toys she saw the day before. I am beginning to wonder about her intellect.)

OK, seriously, are you bored to death yet? I won't really be blogging about each minute of her day. Instead I will strive to at least weekly post a picture and/or video of the Saminator in action with some sort of short (hopefully amusing) rendition of what's new in Sam's life. I hope that those of you who don't get to see her very often can use this site to stay better connected to her life.

Love,
Mom of Sam

(OK I promise not to actually sign off like this in the future as I am not only striving to maintain a personality of my own in the face of motherhood, but really it just makes me think of "Son of Sam" and I prefer not to draw an association between myself or my child and deranged satanic serial killers)

3 comments:

Vitality said...

Man - who took that fabulous (albeit digital) photograph?
The year of the rat eh? You know this is just an opening up for ridicule!
Cyd

Unknown said...

Wow! I love it. Sam I Am, Sam I Am. A Star Is Born. This offspring of yours must come from very fine elite New England pedigree, She's so classy, especially during her more vocal moments, which from personal experience seems to happen quite often.
From the Grand-mom of Sam

Anonymous said...

She's so CUTE!!! I feel my clock tick-tocking, but want to wait until at least after the wedding. Maternity summer wedding dresses are SO out this year...